Endoscopy Technician - $5,000 Sign on bonus
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Sign on bonus eligible: FT $5,000Maintains a clean/sterile field
to provide support for providers during endoscopic procedures.
Prepares and maintains instruments and equipment and demonstrates
expertise in the operation and function of required instruments and
- Educates and assesses competency for new and existing
- Anticipates and plans individualized care for the patient for
all routine endoscopic procedures and anticipates most unexpected
patient and provider needs.
- Runs the table and/or endoscopic equipment and assists the
provider on all types of procedures utilizing the principles of
surgical asepsis, infection control, universal precautions and life
- Maintains an orderly and organized work environment and takes
responsibility for the maintenance and care of all equipment.
- Prioritizes effectively, implements problem solving skills and
performs in a coordinated manner when delivering care in high
- Demonstrate expertise in the operation and function of
instrumentation and equipment for routine endoscopic procedures
- Maintains endoscopic scopes and instruments sets, demonstrating
understanding of appropriate cleaning, high level disinfection
and/or sterilization methods and serves as a resource and mentor to
less experienced staff on cases, equipment and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- Two years relevant work experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling. Associated topics: ascp, medical, medical
technologist, mls, pathology, sample collection, services, surgical
technologist, technician iv, technician lab
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , Endoscopy Technician - $5,000 Sign on bonus, Professions , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!