Sr. Analyst - Retirement
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Client Needs Research Team within Advice & Guidance
(A&G) is seeking a talented and experienced Senior Analyst,
Retirement to conduct rigorous and thorough quantitative and
qualitative analysis focused in the area of retirement strategies.
The role will include creating and representing the firm's advice &
guidance to a variety of stakeholders within the firm and
externally to help our clients reach their financial goals.
The Client Needs Research team is responsible for developing and
communicating the firm's advice and guidance regarding financial
planning strategies as part of the firm's Client Strategies Group
(CSG) Division. The CSG division drives innovation to ensure our
branch teams and clients have access to high-quality products,
services, and experiences that meet our current and future client
needs. Both the Client Needs Research team and larger CSG division
play a pivotal role in supporting the firm's goals of deeply
serving clients, and associates serve as the firm's subject matter
experts for their respective areas.
- Conduct fundamental research and analysis to help develop
advice and guidance on retirement and retirement planning
strategies. Develop or enhance existing models, develop data
sources and research processes as needed.
- Act as subject matter expert, and support strategists, to
develop and communicate advice and guidance in the retirement area
of financial planning, as well as identify risks and opportunities
related to retirement strategies based on items such as changes in
client demographics, legislation, economic environment, etc. In
addition, should be able to provide insight on overarching
financial planning concepts.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership on retirement and financial
planning strategies and share knowledge with other analysts, engage
in and/or lead department-wide initiatives
- Communicate advice and guidance in written materials and
verbally in support of Strategists, both internally and
- Help define and effectively communicate ideas and industry
knowledge to FAs, clients and the investing public if needed.
- Provide service to branches by responding to service requests,
phone calls, and other inquiries.Position Requirements
- Finance, Accounting, or Economics Bachelor's degree and/or MBA
- CFP designation or actively pursuing consistent with department
policy. CFA may also be required (or actively pursuing consistent
with department policy) depending on area of specialization.
Additional designations related to area of expertise may be
required or strongly preferred (JD, CPA, CLU, etc.)
- Series 7/66 within six months of hire, consistent with
- 7+ years' experience as an analyst making recommendations in a
related field or extensive industry experience.
- Strong knowledge of the tax code; proficient in the areas of
the tax code related to retirement accounts.
- Demonstrated success as an analyst in areas of high
- Expert knowledge of financial planning concepts and strategies.
Knowledge of economic, statistical and investment concepts
- Experience preparing research reports for financial planning or
- Capable of determining the appropriateness of strategies by
making use of sources such as government reports, trade journals,
technical periodicals, and firm data.
- Ability to build financial models that examine scenarios and
- Strong understanding (or expectation of developing a strong
understanding) of the Edward Jones investment philosophy and
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $128299 - $218456
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Saint Charles , Sr. Analyst - Retirement, Professions , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!