Assessment & Referral Counselor
Company: Camp Recovery
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: September 15, 2022
The Assessment Counselor is responsible for responding to inquiry
calls, scheduling assessments, providing appropriate clinical
screening of potential admissions, providing appropriate referrals
and interfacing with Assessment and Referral
staff/Physicians/Managed Care organizations/Insurance companies and
the Business Office.
Available Shift: Full-time evening or night shift ONLY; every other
Education: Master's Degree from an accredited program in mental
health, nursing, psychology, social work, or related field
preferred or a minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing.
Experience: Sufficient direct clinical experience in a psychiatric
or mental health setting, with direct experience in patient
assessment, family motivation, treatment planning, and
communication with external review organizations of comparable
License: Clinical licensure eligible under supervisor for
Assessment Counselor II within two years for LCSW, LMFT, or LPC; If
nursing discipline, RN licensure is required.
Additional Requirements: CPR certification and Crisis Prevention
(CPI) during orientation and prior to assisting in a restraining
procedure. May be required to work flexible hours and overtime.
* Knowledge of assessment and referral techniques/procedures.
* Knowledge of external review organizations (i.e. managed care,
* Knowledge of patients' rights, advanced directives, adult/ child
abuse laws, and emergency detention.
* Strong leadership and negotiation skills
* Effective communication in English, both verbally and in
* Basic computer knowledge
* Knowledge of patient assessment, individual/family treatment
methods, complex patient care planning, and treatment planning
* Knowledge and utilization of crisis intervention techniques.
* Knowledge of payor resources and financial planning.
Keywords: Camp Recovery, Saint Charles , Assessment & Referral Counselor, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!