Patient Account Representative
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Spot-checks documentation to ensure accuracy to ensure that all
balances are correct before mailing to patient/guarantor.
- Is responsible for follow-up on all assigned accounts of
in-house and/or discharged patients.
- Maintains and keeps current accounts assigned to collection
work list to ensure a prompt follow-up.
- Begins follow-up on accounts no less than 20 days from billed
date and continues every 14 days or less as required. (When working
accounts with multiple unpaid cycles/claims all cycles must be
- Clearly documents in the patient accounting system every
contact made to or by third party payor, patient, family or
- Advises Business Office Manager of problem payors and/or
accounts at time an issue is identified which may result in
non-payment of claims.
- Monitors and records all payments made on patient accounts,
prorates balance to next payor or patient, and changes financial
- Notes payment discrepancies and resolves within 48 hours.
- Identifies inaccurate guarantor/admit data to Business Office
Manager if consistent to ensure appropriate corrective action at
front end occurs.
- Is responsible for making sure that accounts have been properly
worked before moving to next financial class for insurance or
- Audits for accuracy and prepares all adjustments and/or refunds
within 48 hours of discrepancy being identified and submits to
manager for approval according to established departmental
- Scans or submits information to be scanned in patient files as
needed to keep all supporting documentation.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Business Office
- Verifies and submits to Biller any additional information
needed when billing (claim forms, EOBs, Medical Records, etc.)
- Sends request to patient for any necessary information (claim
forms, account status, coordination of benefits, divorce decrees,
termination of benefits letters, etc).
- Timely request bills for all secondary insurance and request
re-files for any missing or lost bills.
- Correspondence is answered within 48 hours of receipt.
- Reports any backlog to Business Office Manager; works with
Business Office manager to resolve that backlog.
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Saint Charles , Patient Account Representative, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!