Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Under direct supervision, and following established policies and
procedures, the histology aide assists histologists and
pathologists obtain and analyze tissue specimens from patients in
order to diagnose and treat diseases. This position performs both
technical and clerical functions. Histology is the study of the
form of structures seen under the microscope.PRIMARY
- Assists histologists and pathologists staff by retrieving,
labeling, processing and preserving tissue specimens.
- May cut and chemically stain specimens.
- Adheres to specimen collection procedures and specimen
requirements and performs quality control.
- Enters orders into computer system.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory supplies and work area.
- Performs calibration and troubleshooting on testing systems and
- Updates statistical records, labels tubes, and schedules
- May perform general clerical duties such as answering the
phone, filing, and registering patients.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing. Associated topics: aseptic, bacteria, clinical,
cytometry, dietary, drug, health, pharmaceutical, therapeutic,
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , Histology Aide, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!