3rd Shift Press Brake Operator & Machine Operators
Company: National Cart Co.
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionDescription: Setup and operate equipment safely,
productively, and ergonomically correct while manufacturing quality
parts and assemblies. Requirements: Previous machine operating
experience preferred. Daily Tasks:
- Setup equipment and operate equipment to produce quality
- Adjust machinery as needed to maintain part quality
- Continuously produces, at an acceptable level of productivity
with some supervision.
- Checks work to insure dimensional correctness to layout or
drawing, and that correct material is being used. Has ability to
read tape measure, calipers and micrometerDaily Tasks Level 2: In
addition to above tasks.
- Capable of setting up work area to operate in an efficient
manner (may be in training to setup equipment).
- Produces acceptable-quality components and workmanship with
very few rejects.
- Consistently produces at an acceptable level of productivity
with some supervision.
- Moderate product knowledge ability to produce component parts
of products from layout sheets and drawings. Knows which product
each part goes into, knows which aspects of each part is critical
to produce quality finished goods.
- Print drawings off engineering folders.
- Verify and refer to Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Product knowledge ability to produce component parts of
products from layout sheets and drawings. Knows which product each
part goes into, knows which aspects of each part is critical to
produce quality finished goods.
- Check quality and accuracy on parts being produced by others.
Daily Tasks Level 1: In addition to above tasks.
- Fill out Engineering Change Request
- Set-up and run all equipment that is needed per category
(excluding laser and Amada), directly from a production
- Capable of efficiently setting up all equipment in the cell
assigned. To operate at top productivity levels and safe operation
with maximum output.
- Keeps all tooling in top operating condition (i.e., sharpen in
house when feasible or notify engineering when tool is finished
with a particular run, that it needs sharpening.)
- Troubleshoots problems (machine/tools/products).
- Produces high quality parts with very minimal rejects.
- Continuously produces at a high level of productivity
- Has ability to perform all aspects of job at a high level with
very little supervision; is a self starter.
- Experienced in machine and tooling setup for CNC machines
(turret presses, press breaks, benders lasers).
- Able to program new products on CNC equipment by using prints
and machine/tooling knowledge
- Experience in correct machine and tooling setup for traditional
punch press, breaks, drilling centers, and benders. Includes normal
maintenance activities (die sharpening, shimming, mounting).
- Have knowledge of SMED (Single Minute Exchange of Die)
practices. Be able to write and implement these practices.
- Make recommendations for tooling replacement, repair and
- Takes ownership for assigned equipment 5S programs:
cleanliness, spares, tool shadow boards, etc.
- Be able to mentor and coach other machine operators to help
them improve their skills and abilities
- Possesses communication skills and product experience to be
able to lead and setup other machine operators as needed
Keywords: National Cart Co., Saint Charles , 3rd Shift Press Brake Operator & Machine Operators, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!