Company: Viking River Cruises
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 7, 2022
Founded in 1997, Viking is the world's leading small ship travel
company, exploring more than 20 rivers, five oceans, five great
lakes and all seven continents. Offering destination-focused
experiences for curious travelers, Viking has amassed more than 250
awards and was recently voted the #1 River Cruise Line and the #1
Ocean Cruise Line by Cond-- Nast Traveler in the publication's 2021
Readers' Choice Awards.
You now have an opportunity to join one of the most acclaimed and
fastest-growing hospitality brands as it expands in the United
In summer2022, Viking will launch its new, highly-anticipated
Mississippi River cruises and will introduce the most luxurious
ship ever built for the river, the 386-guest Viking Mississippi .
Sailing on board the elegant new ship, you will dock in the heart
of iconic cities that line the river; during your free time, you
will be just footsteps from exploring the fascinating places that
stretch from New Orleans all the way north to St. Paul.
At Viking, we offer great pay and great benefits-including a
Swiss-developed training program and a work schedule that provides
up to 13 weeks off each year. With all of your living expenses
covered during work weeks-including lodging, meals, Wi-Fi, travel
to/from the ship, uniforms & laundry-you have the unique chance to
save more of your pay than in most other restaurant or hospitality
positions. Being a valued member of the Viking family, you join a
close-knit, supportive group of colleagues-many of whom form
lifelong working relationships and friendships. And, with training
from the industry leader, you will receive the skills, knowledge
and tools to be successful-as well as abundant opportunities for
advancement. Regardless of where you are on your career journey,
Viking can help you in reaching new destinations.
Multiple positions open for immediate hiring; earn up to
PURPOSE OF POSITION
- The Storekeeper ensures that the hotel and uniform storage area
is kept clean and in proper condition.
- You are required to order all hotel and uniform supplies and
inspect supplies to ensure that accurate quantities within given
budgets and inventory levels are maintained, at all times, and that
high-quality standards are maintained during loading
- It is your responsibility to create a friendly, guest-oriented
service culture to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business,
which in turn, will increase revenue and profitability of the
- Prepare internal requisitions, once approved by the relevant
- In conjunction with the Inventory Manager, prepare external
requisitions and process data in MXP.
- Manage and process uniforms in MXP.
- Load and offload items stored in the Hotel and Uniform Central
Storerooms and manage all aspects pertaining to hotel and uniform
goods; coordinate requested personnel during loading and
- Manage and maintain Hotel and Uniform Central Storerooms ensuring
that all items stored are in good condition and that storerooms are
cleaned in accordance with all Public Health Policies; monitor
expiration dates of items stored in Hotel and Uniform Central
- Implement and follow up on correct Stock Rotation Procedures and
ensure that first-in first-out (FIFO) regulations are in place and
storerooms are properly organized.
- Participate in "The Daily Reunion" every day to understand your
team's operational needs and to ensure consistent adherence to
Viking's STAR Service Standards.
- Ensure you always wear the appropriate and task specific Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for your duties onboard.
Always use correct lifting techniques to prevent injuries.
- Uphold impeccable grooming standards at all times by complying
with Viking's Image and Uniform Standards.
- Ensure that company property is appropriately secured and
protected, especially during rough weather conditions, in order to
prevent unnecessary loss or damage.
- Demonstrate outstanding flexibility: must be able to work at
different times of the day, under pressure and reflect a positive
can-do attitude and the best image of Viking at all times.
- Become knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call, shore
excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment
- Have strong motivation to achieve the company goals and
objectives (quality and financial) for the Inventory
- Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can
operate in line with all Public Health, Environmental and Safety &
Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard
training, safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises
as required by the company. Perform a Full Inventory Cycle of the
assigned Store, twice a month, before every full loading.
Keywords: Viking River Cruises, Saint Charles , Storekeeper, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!