Senior Project Leader
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 5, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.The Digital Portfolio Operations Department is
responsible for operationalizing the standards, strategies, and
processes for how our digital products and services are delivered.
This department is an agile-run department and serves as an
ambassador for agile principles across all aspects of product
development. In order to drive continuous improvement and seamless
agile product delivery, we focus on:
- Supporting data-driven decision making
- Operationalizing internal best practices and processes across
- Ensuring transparent and timely communication to
- Resourcing and funding management
- Effective facilitation and oversight of intake and
- Aggregation of reporting for cohesive and comprehensive
As a Senior Project Leader, you will be a trusted advisor working
with product managers, portfolio owners, and leaders across the
firm. This role partners with the product manager by supporting
planning, prioritization, monitoring, and controlling for the
overall Digital Product, which includes multiple agile product
delivery teams. It requires experience with high-risk, complex
business projects and requires a high degree of strategic thinking,
systems thinking, planning, organizing, driving for results,
communicating with impact, and adapting to change.
- Trusted advisor/ "Chief of Staff" and partner for Product
Managers to help plan and support the product vision and ongoing
management of the product strategy.
- Serve as "protector" that enables Product Leadership to focus
on product strategy by removing distractions and as a "connector"
that facilitates transparent communication with stakeholders and
- Funding management, governance group preparation including
budget planning, management, tracking, as well as third party
vendor selection and invoice management.
- Track and manage Product Resource needs and allocations.
- Management and communication of Product Roadmaps, Milestones,
Issues, Risks, and Status Reports ensuring transparency and
visibility to team members, stakeholders, divisional leaders and
3rd party vendors keeping everyone informed in a clear, concise,
and timely manner.
- Drive cross-product, cross-portfolio, and cross-program
collaboration in order to address interdependencies, ensure high
levels of engagement and align stakeholders.
- Facilitate and monitor intake process from new idea/suggestion
to an Epic/Feature being entered on the Product Backlog.
- Facilitate the operational use of product team tools
(communication, road-mapping, prototyping, user-onboarding, etc.)
by establishing internal best practices and processes and ensuring
team members are using tools effectively.
- Drive collaboration with project leader peers to model and
influence best practices, share feedback and lessons learned.
- Establish onboarding plans for new resources, ensuring they
have access to the right tools, people, and information so that
they can start contributing quickly.
- Take initiative for the cross-functional product team to
operate as effectively as possible with a focus on alignment,
communication, processes, and scale.
- Provide timely communication of relevant data to senior
leadership for decision-making.
- Use metrics and controls to measure progress, take preventative
and corrective action and escalate issues and risks when
- Remove roadblocks for the product teams regarding processes,
tools, responsibilities as well as drive accountability and
escalate challenges as needed.POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum Qualifications Required in the Job:
- 5+ years of experience leading multi-million-dollar ($5M+),
enterprise-wide projects with a high level of
complexity/integration that includes other projects and project
- 5+ years of industry or product management experience in a
project leadership capacity.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- MBA or graduate degree a plus.
- Project management certification (PMP) is a plus.
- Agile certification is a plus.
Additional Qualifications needed:
- Experience in planning for execution in Agile and Agile
- Effectively analyze and resolve complex problems while working
with areas across the firm.
- Make and communicate complex decisions and/or recommendations
with consideration for risks and long-term impacts. Some decisions
may be in gray areas where little or no guidance is available.
- Effectively have a span of influence in managing up, resolving
conflict across multiple groups, and impacting processes and
approaches used across the area and the firm
- Experience leading or formally mentoring project team members
and project leaders.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; effectively
communicate with the project team, other project leaders, multiple
areas, divisions, and outside vendors. Incorporates effective
listening and collaboration skills.
- Superior presentation skills preferred.
- Superior organization and coordination skills.
- Ability to independently identify, prioritize, monitor,
communicate, and/or resolve elements that can impact a
- Experience leading idea cost/benefit reviews.
- Working understanding of Lean-Agile/ SAFe principles preferred
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $90628 - $154313
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Saint Charles , Senior Project Leader, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!