Internal Float Pool Clinical Partner
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: October 11, 2021
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate employees like you.
At SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital St. Charles, we have a
Full Time Clinical Partner Internal Float Pool opening on our
Clinical Partner Float Unit. This position is
scheduled for 36 hours per week
as a Night shift.
Our Clinical Partner Internal Float Pool come from a
diverse set of backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to
share your own knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your
In return, you can expect a work environment
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills
and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, while
management is supportive.
If you listen and respond with great
Then we’d love to learn more! Please
fill out your application today.
This position includes an online assessment to be
completed as the first step to our recruitment process – Powered
by HireVue. Access to the assessment will be sent through
Join a network of employees just as kind and
powerful as you.
Assists in performing a variety of nursing care services for
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment and
reassessment at specific times for patient population.
Documents and provides appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for
analysis and validation of patient’s response to care or treatment
and when significant change occurs in the patient’s condition.
- Contributes to safety and quality care by relaying information
via charting and communicating to team members.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Answers patients’ calls for help, takes their vital signs, and
monitors their behavior and physical condition for progress
or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating,
feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied
and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas,
ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter
care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording
intake and output of fluids.
- Prepares patients for discharge and accompanies them upon
dismissal as indicated.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and
supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- Orients new patients and significant others to the nursing
- Performs mechanical and manual operation of equipment as
recommended in user's manual, with ability to recognize common
mechanical problems and initiate appropriate corrective
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of an approved nurse aide training program and
passing grade on state of work location required exam
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , Internal Float Pool Clinical Partner, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!