Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: October 11, 2021
Full time Sign in Bonus $ 500.00
32hrs/ week =72 hrs/pp
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence begins with
compassionate employees like you.
At SSM St. Joe St. harles Hospital-St. Louis, we have a Food
Tray passer opening on our Food Services Unit.
Our Food Tray passer come from a diverse set of backgrounds,
making SSM Health a great place both to share your own knowledge
and, more broadly, to learn from your peers.
In return, you can expect a work environment where:
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills and
talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, while management is
If you listen and respond with great care…
Then we’d love to learn more! Please fill out your
Performs duties relative to the preparation, portioning, serving
and distribution of meals within the cafeteria and to patient
units. Ensures safe food handling and sanitation standards are
maintained. Duties may rotate among preparation, serving,
distribution, stocking and clean up duties.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, and all other food products and serving utensils to
established portions. Replenishes as needed during meal service and
breaks down at end of meal periods.
- Reads patient meal orders according to prescribed diets,
prepares trays according to menu cards. Reviews trays for
completeness and places trays on carts or appropriate
- Transports food carts and late trays to designated areas.
Ensures safe food handling and established infection control
processes. Prepares and delivers dietary food stock for patient
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following
established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in
good working order.
- Documents the temperature of specified foods and
refrigerator/freezer units. Makes necessary adjustments and reports
problems when temperature is out of range.
- Retrieves used issued trays in a timely, efficient manner from
the cafeteria and/or patient care units. Washes and sanitizes
dishes using established methods and timeline. Puts clean dishes
and utensils away in proper areas. Cleans work area, tables,
cabinets, carts, and all other areas as assigned.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , Tray Passer, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!