RN - Resident
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Job Description Summary Participates in training nurse residency
program to provide professional nursing care to patients, which
includes assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating,
delegating and monitoring tasks assigned to other members of the
care team in accordance with professional nursing standards. Works
in urban or rural areas according to distribution of staff and
patients. Responsible for the delivery of age appropriate care for
assigned patients with a wide variety of medical surgical
- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical,
psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the
patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management,
and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop,
evaluate and modify patient's plan of care in home care
- Develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational
plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and
provides patient/family health education and coaching.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation, including but not
limited to the processing of physician orders, in accordance with
policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing
care given by team members based on patient needs and professional
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care
professionals regarding all aspects of patient care.
Identifies need to change plan(s) of care, contacts physician and
facilitates the process using care pathways, when
appropriate. Contacts the patient's physician regarding
changes to patient's plan(s) of care.
- Obtains authorizations for visits as appropriate, ensures every
visit is reimbursed. Contacts payor case managers as appropriate to
discuss plan of care and facilitate authorization for plan of
care. Performs ongoing chart review on case load with
attention to accurateness, recertifications, verbal orders for
changes in Plan of Care; ensures every visit performed is within
assigned frequency; ensures that overall documentation
supports coverage of service as defined by regulation or payor.
Reports to supervisor when needed.
- Participates in training to understand and perform patient care
management to patients assigned, ongoing patient chart/record
review with attention to completeness and accuracy of plan of care,
comprehensive assessment, start of care, resumption's and
recertification's, verbal orders for changes in Plan of Care.
- Completes documentation timely and accurately with prompt
response to supervisors, preceptor or others request for
- Demonstrates skill and accuracy with use of clinical
documentation programs. Completes competency requirements
- Completes training modules as directed, seeks assistance and
asks questions as needed to learn and understand home health and
hospice regulations, standards and practices;. Identifies
when a patient may be appropriate for recertification and contact
physician for orders. Follow the process for recertification
and creates a new Plan of Care. Completes resumption of care
appropriately and develops updated orders and goals based on
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , RN - Resident, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!