RN Internal Float Pool
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: October 4, 2021
At SSM Health, we know the healing power of presence
begins with compassionate employees like you.
At SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital St. Charles, we have a
Full Time RN Internal Float Pool opening on our Nursing
Float Unit. This position is scheduled for 36
hours per week as a Day
Our RN Internal Float Pool come from a diverse set of
backgrounds, making SSM Health a great place both to share your own
knowledge and, more broadly, to learn from your
In return, you can expect a work environment
- Employees feel valued, respected and free to express
- Each employee finds meaning in work, leveraging skills
and talents toward a greater purpose;
- Teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, while
management is supportive.
If you listen and respond with great
Then we’d love to learn more! Please
fill out your application today.
Join a network of employees just as kind and
powerful as you.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to
increase the quality of care and quality of life for the patient,
family, and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the
quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Establishes effective relationships and serves as an
advocate with the patient, family, and significant other(s) to
facilitate the development of the care plan unique to the patient’s
- Uses the nursing process to develop and implement the
plan of care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine
appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes,
determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate
- Develops assessment and management strategies based on a
consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social,
economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure
dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health
- Demonstrates knowledge of the impact of actual or
potential illness and each patient’s physical, functional,
cultural, social, economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational,
and leisure status.
- Utilizes leadership skills by coordinating and
collaborating with the patient, family, significant other(s),
communities, and members of the interprofessional team in assessing
needs, setting goals, planning interventions, providing care, and
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the
patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care
providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the
understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical,
legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within
the boundaries of available economic resources.
- Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s)
about measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or
- Fosters a healthy work environment within the practice
setting and profession by serving as a mentor and role model for
nursing colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing
practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on
patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the
department's Scope of Service.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , RN Internal Float Pool, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!