Clinical Partner I
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: July 11, 2021
Under supervision and in collaboration with other health care
professionals, assist in performing a variety of nursing care
services for patients.
- Receives patient care assignment from the registered nurse (RN)
in charge. Initiates delegated tasks based on demonstrated
competence in performing nursing activities for specific patient
age group served.
- Collects and documents data for the admission assessment,
reassessment and/or scheduling appointments or surgeries at
specific times for patient population. May document and
provide appropriate data to the RN and/or LPN for analysis and
validation of patient’s response to care or treatment and when
significant change occurs in the patient’s condition.
- Informs licensed nurse of any changes in patient
condition/needs, of patient complaints, and of patient/significant
other educational needs.
- Stocks and maintains supplies and equipment in keeping with
patient care needs and cost containment. Utilizes time and
supplies economically and conscientiously.
- Assists with delegated clerical duties such as answering
telephones, relaying messages, transcription of physician orders,
preparing and organizing the patient's medical record.
- In an inpatient environment, responsibilities may also include
the following: answers patients’ calls for help, takes their vital
signs, and monitors their behavior and physical condition for
progress or deterioration. Assists with baths, ambulating,
feeding, skin care, personal and oral hygiene and making occupied
and unoccupied beds. Performs dressing changes, enemas,
ostomy care, toileting, turning, cough and deep breathing, catheter
care, collection of biological specimens, measuring and recording
intake and output of fluids.
- In an inpatient environment, prepares patients for discharge
and accompanies them upon dismissal as indicated. Orients new
patients and significant others to the nursing unit.
- In an outpatient environment, manages referrals for medical and
surgical specialist appointments. Provides assistance in
patient care to patients three years of age or older.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May perform point of care testing according to policies and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a state approved unlicensed assist personnel
program (UAP) or enrolled in UAP through SSM Health upon hire.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting,
squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , Clinical Partner I, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!