Accountant General Ledger
Company: Boyd Gaming, Inc.
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of GAAP.
- Must have intermediate level skills with Microsoft
Excel/Word/Outlook, basic office equipment, and 10-key.
- Ability to understand change management.
- Working knowledge of state specific laws and requirements.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate
ability to resolve all situations in a professional manner.
- Excellent customer service skills. Have interpersonal skills to
deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Have initiative, strive for continuous improvement.
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts if needed, including weekends and holidays,
particularly during month-end close periods.
- Able to effectively communicate and present in English, in both
written and oral forms.
- Able to obtain/maintain any necessary certifications and/or
- Ability to work independently, prioritize based on urgency and
work through high volume and stressful time periods.
- Previous knowledge and experience with Boyd Gaming Corporation
financial systems (Lawson, Stratton Warren).
- Previous experience working in a similar casino resort or
Financial Shared Services Center setting.
Prepare journal entries with supporting documentation (excluding
revenue, AP accruals, payroll and fixed asset entries) in
accordance with GAAP. Prepare monthly reconciliations for all
balance sheet accounts. Reconcile cash activity throughout month.
Team responsibility to meet gaming revenue audit Service Level
Agreements (SLAs) to properties and other key stakeholders. Always
strives to meet or exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to
maximize services provided. The accountant is also responsible for
ad-hoc tasks required by management including, but not limited to,
research, analysis, and reconciliations.
- Team Player: Demonstrated by a willingness to work with the
team to achieve common.
- Achieves Results: Proactive self-starter who get things done,
both personally and through delegation.
- Innovative: Ability to utilize logic, imagination and context
to create intelligent solutions.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Passionately engaged in learning by
asking questions and actively seeking out answers.
- Commitment to Excellence: Demonstrates ongoing effort to
improve products, services, or processes over time or all at
- Ethics: Demonstrates integrity and exercises discretion in
handling confidential information.
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental
and company policies, practices, and procedures, state and local
laws, and GAAP.
- Prepare journal entries for all accounts with supporting
documentation (excluding revenue, AP accruals, payroll and fixed
asset entries) in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for all balance sheet
- Reconcile cash activity throughout month and prepare cash
activity reports as needed for Treasury.
- Investigate and resolve financial statement questions from
- Ensure all journal entries for month-end close are completed
within company month-end close deadline.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks required by management including, but not
limited to, research, analysis, and reconciliations.
- Promote, develop and maintain effective communication,
interaction, and excellent relationship with internal customers,
including ensuring their requirements are identified and
- Perform all functions with the highest level of integrity.
- Observe and follow all safety procedures.
- Performs all other job related duties as requested.
Keywords: Boyd Gaming, Inc., Saint Charles , Accountant General Ledger, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!