LIMS Project Manager
Company: EUROFINS SCIENT.
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company,
providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients
across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer,
healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water
you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the
biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply
are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is
accurate. Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food,
environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in
agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent
market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for
genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced
material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in
Nantes, France to over 47,000 staff across a network of more than
900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more
than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000
analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition,
authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological
substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical
diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging
players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2019, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 4.56 billion,
and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the
past 20 years.
- The LIMS Business Project Manager will support a dynamic
project team, focused on delivering Laboratory Information
Management (LIMS) solutions within the Eurofins Discovery mission
to enable scientific discoveries that advance human health.
- The project manager is responsible for creating and managing
the project plan, including scope, budget, timelines, resources,
and communication. This role will work with the IT Project Manager
to ensure the full implementation of LIMS solutions to global
laboratories, according to the business objectives.
- This position will work closely with Business Sponsor, Business
Analysts, Subject Matter Experts, IT Development team, and Quality
Assurance to standardize and lead change management in the
implementation of the LIMS business solution.
- Responsible for managing all project activities, including
scope, budget, risks, timelines, deliverables and communication to
support project delivery in a global and dynamic environment;
- Provides strategic leadership and consultation throughout the
project life-cycle, including activities such as planning,
designing, documenting, testing, deploying, integrating,
communication, reporting, change management, incident management,
and configuration management;
- Defines priorities, establishes roadmaps, and ensures that
project deliverables are in line with the business requirements,
delivered on schedule, and meeting the quality standards
- Coordinates and facilitates work groups, involving other
Project Managers, Business Analysts, Functional Analysts, Solution
Architects and Subject Matter Experts to elicit and document
business and user requirements, perform gap analysis, define and
reengineer processes based on internal and industry
- Daily management of project team(s) and the project(s)
activities, tracks progress, and ensures activities are performed
as expected, promoting clear ownership for project tasks and
contributing to remove any impediments across the project(s);
- Selects, coaches, and develops staff to form a project team.
Measures performance, develops improvement plans, and implement
solutions to drive continuous improvement of project(s) activities
and resources. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the
- Delivers frequent and concise communication, and reports
project status updates to the relevant stakeholders;
- Ensures project activities aligns with Eurofins policies,
procedures and methodologies;
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision, is accountable
with regular attendance and punctuality;
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner;
- Performs other duties as assigned; and owns the accountability
and responsibility of delivering to project needs and
- Provides cross-functional support to other departments as
required and adjusts work hours as needed to meet project
- Adheres to site environmental health and safety (EHS)
- Role requires the ability to travel to global Eurofins
facilities as a basic requirement, up to 25% of the time.
- Successful completion of the company's safety program is
required, including ability to shadow processes in a biological and
The Ideal Candidate would possess:
- IIBA Business Analyst certification or similar;
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Understanding of software design/architecture processes
- Ability and/or Skills (BMQ):
- Strong leadership and interpersonal relations skills at all
levels of the organization, with capability to influence decisions
and lead others to achieve results
- Competency in project management applications, tools, concepts,
and methodologies (software development and integration is a
- Demonstrates above average oral and written communication
- Demonstrates cultural awareness, and experienced in team
management and leadership on projects that span multiple time-zones
and different cultures;
- Capacity to conceptualize creative solutions, document
processes and present/sell solutions to all levels of the
organization, including senior management;
- Skills and aptitude for troubleshooting, problem solving, and
proactivity to support with minimal oversight and direction;
- Consistently demonstrates organization, detail-orientation,
analytical and investigation skills;
- Ability to prioritize, multitask within organization and manage
- Strong customer focus and ability to modify communication and
tactics to manage (internal and external) client expectations;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, capacity for team
environment, and exhibits a genuine interest in drug discovery in
support of advancing human health.
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelors' degree in Business Administration, Project
Management, Engineering, Computer Science or Management Information
Systems, Life Sciences, or any other equivalent degree or
- Minimum 5 years of experience with business process design and
improvement, in the scope of large systems implementation,
preferably in a laboratory, clinical bioinformatics environment
(LIMS/ Analytical Software);
- Globally recognized project management certification (PMI,
PRINCE2, or equivalent);
- Familiarity with software development process, including
requirement gathering, analysis/design, development
tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing
methodologies and deployment management.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without
restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of St.
Charles, MO are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical
coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Keywords: EUROFINS SCIENT., Saint Charles , LIMS Project Manager, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!