Maintenance Mechanic - $5/hr PREMIUM PAY
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Title: Maintenance Mechanic - $5/hr PREMIUM PAY
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Location: St. Charles, MO
Date Posted: 5/28/21
Job Summary: Zoltek is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic with
welding experience to join our team at our Missouri Research Park
facility in St. Charles, MO. The Maintenance Mechanic will perform
general maintenance work on our carbon fiber production machinery
to ensure maximum efficiency and safety of our operations. For a
limited time, all hourly employees will receive an extra $5.00 per
hour premium for hours worked. Once the premium pay program has
ended, the employee's regular pay will revert to the standard rate,
which does not include the program premium.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain and repair single and multi-stage pumps,
motors, drives, ovens, furnaces, bearings and pipe systems
- Stick/SMAW, Mig & Tig welding
- Remove and install mechanical seals
- Align pumps using dial indicator method and other precision
- Work on and troubleshoot industrial knitters and textile
- Make confined space entry in furnaces, replace bearings on
equipment, remove and install gear boxes
- Fit pipes, conduct electrical repair, fabricate equipment
- Work with single and 3-phase electrical systems
- Work on and troubleshoot 480v VFD controllers, overloads,
contactors, circuit breakers, limit switches, conveyors,
- Document information as required
- Keep equipment and work area clean, safe and organized
- Communicate effectively with supervisors and co-workers
- High School Diploma required, related Certification or
Associate's Degree from a college or technical school desired
- 2 years of experience in plant maintenance in a manufacturing
- 2 years structure welding (stick / SMAW welding) training and
- Mig & Tig welding strongly desired
- Plant electrical experience strongly desired
- Ability to read/interpret electrical and hydraulic
- Ability to work with single and 3phase power
- Ability to work on 480 VFD controllers, over loads, conveyers,
(PLC Omron brand a plus)
- Ability and willingness to maintain a safe and ethical work
environment, and work as a team member
- Ability to wear a full-face respirator (no full beards)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand, walk, squat, bend, twist, stoop,
crouch and crawl. The employee frequently is required to use hands
to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with
hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Good finger and manual dexterity
- Ability to lift, turn, bend, squat, kneel, reach, pull, walk or
stand for periods of time
- Ability to tolerate heat and itchy material
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environments characteristics described below are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- No climate control - temperature can be hot in the summer and
cold in the winter.
- Handling of carbon fiber causes moderate to severe
- Some work requires confined space entry.
- Strong odors may be present.
- Moderately dirty because of materials and machinery
- Excessive fly may be present.
Zoltek is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation or
expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age,
disability, veteran status or any other protected status.
Keywords: Zoltek, Saint Charles , Maintenance Mechanic - $5/hr PREMIUM PAY, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!