IT Strategic Buyer - Indirect
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Are you a current Elekta employee?
Please click here to apply through our internal career site Find
Jobs - Elekta.
Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who
are interested in supporting our customers - healthcare
professionals who use our products to help patients and their
We currently have the following opportunity available - please
contact us for more details!
Elekta is looking for a Strategic Buyer to join our dynamic
The Strategic Buyer - Indirect is responsible for driving Value
in assigned commodities, related to Elekta's Products and
The selected candidate will work with Department Head and Key
Stakeholders building relationships to increase the groups'
involvement in Strategic and Tactical projects, while helping
implement the needed changes to "Focus on what Matters."
- Source & select suppliers, manage competitive bids, negotiate
purchase terms and conditions favorable to the company and award
business through issuance of Purchase Order in accordance with
- Extremely Familiar with Technology Software and Hardware
- Must have a deep understanding and Knowledge of Contingent
Labor and SOW Agreements
- Evaluate supplier performance and supplier compliance with
established specifications and/or delivery, and promote continuous
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive business objectives and
drive the Category Strategy including Sourcing, Inventory
Management that is grounded in fact-based decision-making.
- Understand industry product trends and opportunities.
- Participate in bid preparation, evaluations, reviews,
negotiations, & dispute resolution.
- Understand existing contract terms and conditions that affect
technology purchases. Monitors provider performance, ensuring
ongoing compliance within the defined business relationship.
- Understand current INDIRECT SERVICES, quoting options and
vendor relationships to assist in projects.
- Understand existing procurement tools and systems. Support
efforts to streamline the technology purchasing process with other
departments and implement best practices across business
- Develop thorough knowledge of assigned commodities/services and
- Advise end users on the requirements for the capital and
expense approval process. Assists end users in completing
requisitions and complying with established approval
- Understand end users' key assigned commodities capital and
expense budgets and may assist in gathering information for end
users' budget development.
- Partner with Suppliers to ensure that products and/or services
arrive as requested. Negotiates and recommends settlement for
inferior or defective shipments, invoice discrepancies, or other
errors or delays.
- Obtain Purchase information, issue RFQs where applicable and
resolve invoice and receipt issues.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness
Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or a related field
- Equivalent of at least 5 years of Support Services Sourcing
experience in a Corporate Services environment with an Indirect
- Specific Knowledge of Technology SOW and Contingent Labor,
Corporate Services is desired
- Ability to develop and execute a Category Strategy and tactics
to achieve team goals
- Ability to understand and articulate Indirect versus Direct
- Must be able to demonstrate a deep understanding of Purchasing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP Systems, Medius, preferred
- Advanced skill level with MicroSoft Office, particularly Excel
and Power Point
- Knowledge of the medical industry is a plus
- Manage Fleet Services
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
disability, veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: Elekta, Saint Charles , IT Strategic Buyer - Indirect, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!