Area Sales Manager On Premise St Charles, MO
Company: Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, LLC
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Supervises assigned Sales Representatives. Directs the sale of
company products and services to existing accounts through the
management of Sales Representatives. Trains new Sales
Representatives and ensures understanding of organization policies,
practices, products, and services. Directs the execution of sales
plans and sales promotions to ensure the achievement of assigned
sales and merchandising goals. Provides regular/special reports
detailing the measurement of results compared to assigned
- Manage your business in a legal, moral, and ethical manner at
- Provide projected sales activity for assigned division.
- Make every effort to understand and work with the other
functional areas of the company - Operations and
- Maintain good working relations with all customers.
- Maintain product knowledge (ours & competitors) and ensure
Sales Representatives have same.
Training and Developing:
- Develop Sales Representatives and Merchandisers through
Glazer's Beverage University and/or Glazer's continuing education
- Work with Sales Representatives a minimum of three (3) days per
week making customer calls and implementing territory improvement
plans. Conducts field training and instructs Sales Representatives
and Merchandisers in applications of selling aids.
- Conduct monthly sales performance reviews with each Sales
Representative. Identify opportunities for development, training,
and performance improvement requirements.
- Participate in the recruitment of new Sales Representatives.
Propose selection and hiring of new Sales Representatives.
Controlling Sales Activities:
- Ensure the attainment of sales and merchandising goals for the
assigned division through the regular evaluation of vendor/partner
relationships, new business opportunities, and voids in present
- Lead Sales Representatives and Merchandisers to ensure maximum
sales/profits from assigned accounts. Coach, direct, and counsel
Sales Representatives and Merchandisers on overall performance.
Define expectations and monitor progress.
- Assist with scheduled division meetings with Sales
Representatives. Responsible for monitoring new products, services,
and policies. Advise Sales Representatives of new
- Responsible for managing division vacation schedule with
General Sales Manager.
- Review and coordinate sales programs with Universal Sales
- Provide regular and accurate sales management reports for the
assigned division to General Sales Manager. Address new business
opportunities, current levels of sales/service, territory
improvement plans, and competitive activity.
- Work with General Sales Manager and POS Manager to distribute
all POS to all Sales Representatives and Merchandisers.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent thereof in related
- One to five years field experience in selling alcoholic
beverages or grocery products at the retail level.
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal, persuasion,
motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
- Strong supervisory skills in directing and coaching others.
Must be able to direct and control the quantity/quality of work
performed by subordinates. Requires the ability to manage deadlines
and deliver achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license. Job requires the
ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in
accordance with state laws.
- Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in
accordance with state laws and must be 21 years of age or
- Extensive travel, from time to time may involve driving
distances of up to 200 miles.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 30 to 40 pound cases,
and stand for extended periods of time.
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, LLC, Saint Charles , Area Sales Manager On Premise St Charles, MO, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!