Company: LMI Aerospace
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 3, 2021
WHO ARE WE
LMI is a world-class leader in designing, building and
manufacturing aerospace structures, systems and components for
commercial, business and regional, and military aerospace
customers. We employ engineering, manufacturing and testing experts
throughout the United States and the rest of the world. Our
integrated team approach and full life cycle of capabilities enable
our employees to take advantage of a wide range of opportunities
for career growth within our organization.
We are currently seeking a Forming Fabricator. Our fabricators
work independently and in concert with others to perform processes
necessary to efficiently and effectively fabricate detail parts.
The operator must function as a productive, contributing and
responsible member of his/her work team. In all actions, supports
LMI's Quality Policy, Mission Statement and other LMI policies and
procedures by supporting our commitment to total customer
satisfaction, quality products and services, lean processes,
continuous improvement, on-time delivery, safety, teaming,
individual accountability and respect for people.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all company and work center specific production,
administration and safety policies and procedures.
- Attends and actively participates in all required
- Reviews manufacturing planning, part-specific engineering
information, set-up information and/or related instructions to
understand appropriate work process and quality requirements for
- For machine dependent operations, selects, aligns and secures
holding fixtures and/or cutting tools, attachments, accessories and
material to machines (i.e. set-up machine) and starts and observes
machine operation during first part production to detect
malfunctions or out-of-tolerance conditions.
- Adjusts machine controls or other control media as required.
Depending upon work center assignment, the operator will set-up and
operate one or more of the following machines: hydraulic shear,
chop saw and forklift. Set-up and tear-down may require the use of
a forklift and/or other material handling equipment.
- Uses gauges, scales, calipers, mylars and/or blueprints,
customer tools and other measuring equipment to check first part
- Obtains first part for buy-off from lead person, supervisor,
quality control inspector and/or second team member. Upon buy-off,
completes production run for the manufacturing planning
- Performs 100% inspection of all parts, subsequent to first part
buy-off, and completes requirements of applicable statistical
process control plans. Where available, uses target times to
evaluate timely completion of work.
- Notifies lead person or supervisor about substantive
discrepancies between manufacturing planning target time and actual
set-up and/or run times.
- Responsible for minor machine maintenance and maintaining
proper alignment and condition of machine.
- Completes required documentation, including but not limited to:
manufacturing planning operation buy-off, recording of accurate
part counts, labor card entry, set-up information, special notes,
data collection plans, tie-in information and recording the
disposition of non-conforming material.
- Tears down machine or hand tool set-up upon completion of
production run, returning all tools, equipment and accessories to
their proper locations.
- Moves completes part order to next manufacturing operation or
staging area. Works with others, using continuous process
improvement tools and techniques and just-in-time manufacturing
techniques, to develop and install process improvements that
positively impact manufacturing through-put, machine and human
resources utilization, space utilization, organization and other
- Assists to incorporate process improvements into document
- Actively participates in work center and cross-functional
process improvement teams by attending team meetings, completing
action items, encouraging complete and respectful discussion and
understanding of goals, alternatives and solutions.
- Conduct all business transactions and communications in a
professional manner congruent to company policy.
- Maintain company confidentiality in all dealings with delivery
personnel, vendors, etc.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- High school diploma or high school equivalency preferred.
Candidates that do not have a high school diploma or high school
equivalency will be required to take a pre-employment assessment to
be considered for the role.
- Detail oriented with the ability to use elementary measuring
tools i.e. micrometer calipers and electronic calipers.
- Must have the ability to read and understand tolerances on
- Demonstrated decision-making ability utilizing good judgment in
determining the appropriate guideline, procedure, and application
to utilize in solving problems.
- Understanding of basic math.
- Thorough understanding of process flows, lead times and lean
principles in a mfg. environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Noise levels ranging from quiet to extremely loud
- Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when
working on the manufacturing floor including, but not limited to,
eye, ear, and foot protection
- May occasionally lift and /or move up to 10-50 pounds
WHY CHOOSE LMI AEROSPACE?
We take care of our people.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with a percentage company-match
- Competitive wages
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental insurance
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Employee assistance plan - for access to counseling, consulting
and other community resources
- Wellness program
- Tuition assistance
Subject to eligibility, terms, and conditions
This job description is only a summary of the typical functions
of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible
job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities,
tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job
description and other duties, as assigned, may be required. This
document does not create an employment contract. Employees of the
Company are employed on an "at will" basis and may be terminated at
LMI is an equal employment opportunity employer. Consistent with
applicable law, LMI provides access and opportunities to those with
disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation to
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who seek to
access the company's online application system. If an applicant is
unable to fully access the online application system, LMI will
provide a reasonable accommodation. Applicants with disabilities
may contact us at 636-916-2400 for assistance accessing the on-line
application system. Callers should have a detailed description of
the requested accommodation, their name and preferred method of
contact ready for LMI's Human Resources Department. LMI will make
every effort to respond within two (2) business days. This phone
number is not for the general submission of application
LMI is an E-Verify Employer.
LMI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: LMI Aerospace, Saint Charles , Forming Fabricator, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!