Company: Scioto Services
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: April 27, 2021
Scioto Services LLC, a Marsden Holding Company, is a facility
services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance
and specialty property services with operations serving customers
throughout the United States. Scioto Services is a building
services contractor known for its operational excellence and its
ability to provide great services to small businesses and large
multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Scioto Services
enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and
for helping business owners and property managers meet their
objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of
integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded
in 1975, Scioto has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing
customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective,
superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
The General Laborer is responsible for emptying and replenishing
trash, plastic and corrugate gaylords in all areas of the
warehouse. Gaylords are transported with a hand operated pallet
jack and/or powered industrial truck (PIT).
- Promotes a safe work environment at field accounts.
- Utilize a hand operated pallet jack to transport gaylords
between their staging area and the compactor.
- Operate a PIT in accordance with Marsden Services and the
customer's rules and regulations to transport empty and full
- Ability to operate a Vertical Reciprocating Conveyor (VRC) to
move gaylords between multiple floors of the warehouse.
- Safely operate compactor and/or bailer to dispose of trash,
shrink wrap and cardboard.
- Communicate with Supervisor the fullness of the compactor
and/or bailer in a timely manner to ensure replacement/removal with
zero impact to operations.
- Tie off bails of shrink wrap using metal cables and remove
bails from vertical bailer. Communicate with Amazon for proper
storage of completed bails.
- Able to perform all positions within their shift, provided that
the associate is able to pass all safety standards.
- Supports, directs and trains co-workers with a focus on account
and employee retention.
- Works with the Supervisor on account re-engineering projects
and service reviews.
- Reports any supply inventory shortage at account and properly
follows on-line ordering procedures with outside vendor to the
- Ensures/assists cleaning additional areas when required due to
- Performs any and all duties as assigned, including answering
the provided radio to support spills, requests, and safety
Shifts Starting at 6:00am-4:30pm, Sunday-Wednesday or
*Bilingual Candidates Encouraged to Apply*
Additional Information / Benefits
Scioto Services is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
Employer. Scioto does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed,
ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital,
or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with
regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under
federal, state or local law
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance,
Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays,
This is a Full-Time position 1st
Relocation is not provided and travel is not required
Keywords: Scioto Services, Saint Charles , Material Mover-Days, Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!