Software Engineer (SWE III)
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of
industry experience designing, implementing, training and
supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with
high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology
and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85
defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US
locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating
bases in Afghanistan.Title: Software Engineer (SWE III)
Develops, documents and maintains architectures, requirements,
algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems built by
the F/A-18 Mission Planning team. Develops and maintains code and
integrates software components into a fully functional software
system. Supports software project management. May develop, select,
tailor and deploy software processes, tools and metrics. Performs
software research and trade studies. Serves as a subject matter
expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes
and/or regulations. Works under general direction. Follows company
software standards and processes.Essential Functions:
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software
development environments and programming languages (C++ & C#) in
order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
-------- -- -- -- -- -- --
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software
consistent with the defined architecture and
requirements/regulations by applying established methods and
- Contributes to building large scale software systems. --
- Troubleshoots and investigates difficult problems across
software components. --
- Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the
development documentation and maintenance of software
- Participates in internal and/or external architecture
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software
component level project planning including corrective action plans.
- Participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter
and evaluator. --
- Performs software requirements change assessment and provides a
technical interface to requirements change-assessment
- Develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools;
establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and
support personnel. --
- Supports operational and integration issue resolution for
specific software systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Typical Education and/or
Experience Qualifications for Software Engineer III:Bachelor------s
degree with 5 or more years' experience, Master------s degree with
3 --or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance, for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship.Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Working knowledge of C++, C#, SVN and JIRA in a .NET
environment. -- --
- Experience with full lifecycle processes and standards.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Prior Mission Planning and/or F/A-18 avionics experience.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance preferred.Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Saint Charles , Software Engineer (SWE III), Other , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!