Software Developer (SAD III)
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: December 2, 2019
Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of
industry experience designing, implementing, training and
supporting logistics information systems. -- Part of the Boeing
Global Services division, Tapestry has over 800 employees worldwide
supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative and
cost-effective information technology and business intelligence
solutions. -- Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial
and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine
countries, including multiple forward operating bases in
Afghanistan. Additionally, Tapestry supports Boeing products and
internal operations.Title: Web Application Software Developer
Location: Hazelwood, MOPosition Summary:As a Senior Web developer
(Software Application Developer-Product 3), you will be a key
member of integrated Boeing development team responsible for
providing web based solutions supporting Boeing------s finance and
supply chain management. --As an integral part of the application
development team, you will -- design, develop and maintain multiple
applications providing comprehensive business intelligence and
decision support . You will assist in define best practices for
standardizing development processes to increase quality and
velocity of new applications and refactoring of existing
- Develops, maintains and unit tests code by utilizing software
development environments and programming languages in order to
implement design and satisfy allocated requirements. Participates
in peer reviews.
- Develops, documents and maintains designs for software
consistent with the defined architecture and
requirements/regulations by applying established methods and
practices. Participates in internal design reviews.
- Contributes to building large scale software systems. May lead
day to day software integration efforts. Troubleshoots and
investigates difficult problems across software components.
Evaluates proposed solutions to problems.
- Performs architectural trade studies, contributes to the
development documentation and maintenance of software
architectures. Participates in internal and/or external
- Provides data, recommendations, and estimates for software
component level project planning including corrective action plans.
May participate in requirement team and peer reviews as a presenter
and evaluator. Performs software requirements change assessment and
provides a technical interface to requirements change-assessment
- May develop, select, tailor and deploy processes and tools;
establish metrics; and utilize regulations and industry standards.
May participate in process reviews.
- Provides guidance to less experienced employees, performs
research, may contribute to proposals, documents research and
development results and aids technology transfer into
- Provides subject matter expertise to other technical and
support personnel. Supports operational and integration issue
resolution for specific software systems.
- May be client facing engineer who will travel to customer sites
directly supporting Company applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Typical Education and/or
Experience Qualifications:Degree and typical experience in
engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years'
experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD
degree with experience or an equivalent combination of education
and experience. --Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree
from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer
science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US
Citizenship.Preferred Skills and/or Experience:
programming background in Java/J2EE or .Net for implementing web
- Strong knowledge of server side design patterns and continuous
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical
- Experience working with directly with functional experts and
clients to determine business and front-end users requirements and
convert them to technical solutions.
- Ability to analyze data, determine and document the best method
of meeting customer requirements.
- Ability to prototype creative solutions quickly, and be able to
collaborate with others in crafting and implementing technical
- Ability to apply innovation, creativity, and improvement to the
development and support processes and to be able to support
multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to contribute in all activities and steps that form the
software development process with an emphasis on design,
implementation, testing and deployment.
- Demonstrated understanding of Agile development concepts and
- Familiar with the Configuration Management, Test and
Information Assurance processes generally associated with deploying
production web-based businesses solutions. -- -- -- -- -- --
- Experience interfacing with relational databases, DB design,
SQL, and tuning (eg. Oracle DB and MS SQL).Boeing is a Drug Free
Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to
testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and
alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Keywords: Boeing, Saint Charles , Software Developer (SAD III), IT / Software / Systems , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!