Senior Technical Architect - API
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: November 19, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Edward Jones is looking for a Senior Technical Architect
to help support innovation and growth within the Application
Frameworks and API Platform team. The Senior Technical Architect
works with a team of associates and contractors who are responsible
for the API practice, tools and frameworks. These responsibilities
include setting up API practice, Operation, Regulatory Compliance,
Support, Development, Security, Quality, Disaster Recovery and
Implementation of the API frameworks and Practice.
The API office is a multidisciplinary team established to support
Edward Jones API journey and is looking for a Senior Technical
Architect to help support innovation and growth within the
Application Frameworks and API Platform team. The Senior Technical
Architect works with a team of associates and contractors who are
responsible for the API practice, tools and frameworks and will
evangelize the role of APIs in Edward Jones digital strategy.
- Provides guidance and enterprise-wide influence to drive the
execution of the API Strategy leading to performant, reliable,
resilient, scalable API products.
- Contribute to and drive compliance of API Governance through
creation and maintenance of patterns, standards, frameworks,
reusable assets and automation.
- Research technical improvements and takes the initiative to
- Participates and represents area in cross-functional
- Researches requirements to determine system feasibility, costs,
benefits, or functional requirements.
- Collaborate with Architect peers to develop and drive the
organization's API and API platform strategy to include a
short-term and long-term roadmap aimed at API lifecycle management
and keeping the organization on the forefront of transformational
- Define the architecture and guide the deployment approach of
the API platform to meet organizational requirements.
- Define how the API Platform will integrate with other enabling
tools and applications in the organization to achieve optimal
performance, scalability, reliability, and visibility for
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science,
Computer Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, developing and
delivering application solutions for enterprise level development
and integration projects.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience designing API and evaluating API
solution for enterprises.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience architecting API products & API
security strategy & its implementation.
- Deep understanding of Object-Oriented Principles and Java, as
well as broad cross-functional knowledge including relational and
NoSQL database, software security, system administration, and
enterprise messaging patterns.
- Experience with API Gateway
- Knowledge of Microservices and Kubernetes is a plus
- Practical knowledge of Microservices and designing/building
- Experience with industry standard tools:--- Spring Boot, Spring
Framework, JUnit, Python, Gradle and Maven.
- Experience with Linux containerization, PaaS, or Cloud
- Proficient with Git and Git workflows.
- Experience with server-side technologies such as Apache,
- Experience in tools used to assemble CI/CD (Jenkins / Electric
- Knowledge of MuleSoft Platform is preferred.
- Able to create a strong team environment and build technical
skills through training and mentoring of others.Understanding of
project management methodologies, system development lifecycle,
infrastructure best practices and risk management concepts.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $128299 - $218456
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Saint Charles , Senior Technical Architect - API, IT / Software / Systems , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!