Culture & People Services (HR) Generalist
Company: MiTek Industries
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: November 5, 2018
MiTek-- USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Culture & People Services (HR) Generalist who's responsibilities include partnering with the Director of Manufacturing and Service for implementing and delivering HR policies procedures, services, and solutions to our manufacturing facility, but not be limited to, employee and labor relations, pay administration, succession planning, delivery of HR and safety related training, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and HR and safety investigations. Additionally, the HR Generalist must promote and ensure our people first culture and core values. Act as a link between management and employees by handling questions, administering policies and helping to resolve work-related issues. Individual must be friendly, outgoing, and professional while being self-motivated and organized.Required SkillsESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Perform a variety of HR functions for our manufacturing staff. Also assist Director of Manufacturing and Services including reporting, scheduling, documenting and other duties assigned.
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence
- Perform data entry into HRIS System. Maintains the HR Scanning System. Compile and prepare reports and documents. Assist in the preparation of monthly reports, tracking.
- Superior attention to detail, accuracy, timeliness, and meets deadlines. Shows initiative and independent thinking.
- Develop and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Foster positive attitude toward company goals. Build upon our People First culture while building strong, trusted relationships with management and staff.
- Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meeting and seminars
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans
- Assists with onboarding, including ordering and processing background checks and drug screens
- Prepare documents in Word, Power Point, Excel and Illustrator or some other form of Publishing software. Knowledgeable in social media.
- Prepares and organizes set-ups for meetings, conferences, community service projects, etc. Plans, initiates and schedules milestone awards and celebrations.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Personnel transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Plans and assists with new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals and people first culture.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Payroll Processing - tracking FMLA, STD, LT, Worker's Comp.
- Assists Director with projects as assigned.
- Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
- Attendance during work regular work hours and overtime as required, approved by manager.
Required ExperiencePOSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem solving situations. Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manage difficult or emotional customer situations. Respond promptly to customer needs. Solicit customer feedback to improve service. Respond to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree or Extensive HR work experience required
5+ years of experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resources systems (WorkDay, SilkRoad preferred); internet software; payroll systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software. Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook); Social Media (LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.)
MiTek is an E-Verify and
Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard To race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Job Location
St. Charles, US-MO
Keywords: MiTek Industries, Saint Charles , Culture & People Services (HR) Generalist, Human Resources , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!