Field Maintenance Technician
Company: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: January 10, 2022
Job Title: Field Service Technician Introduction: Responsible
for working independently, maintaining retail store technologies,
computer systems and peripherals, within retail store and
commercial business environments. They are responsible to perform a
full workload of product installation, support services and repair
on Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions and non-TOSHIBA retail
products and in the store systems, retail banking and SMB
marketplaces (i.e., apparel stores, supermarkets, mass
merchandising, specialty shops, banks, local insurance agents,
CPAs, legal firms, etc.). The Field Service Technician is
accountable for customer satisfaction, metrics attainment and
operational activities as required for the services provided. The
services include some or all the following: whole product and/or
component exchange and on-premises basic product & store equipment
problem diagnosis, adjustment and/or repair. The Field Service
Technician may also perform equipment refurbishment, installation,
relocation, discontinuance, product level engineering and
configuration changes, upgrades and/or modifications, to products
using well established documentation and
- Operates in assigned territory and performs repairs and
services on products. Can install all equipment in new and/or
remodeled sites without assistance. Can handle all
projects/installs without assistance. Performs maintenance on all
supported equipment at field locations with minimal phone support
from all associated support areas. Proficient knowledge and use of
all client support applications and portals. Able to troubleshoot
and fix complex problems over the phone with store personnel.
- Uses established procedures and/or instructions for repetitive
and/or routine work, works on tasks individually or as a part of a
team and aids less experienced service representatives.
- Travel within assigned territory or nationally to customer
locations to perform installations, relocation, discontinuance,
product level engineering and configuration changes, upgrades
and/or modifications to retail POS equipment.
- Effectively communicates with customers, management, peers, and
team members on a timely basis regarding status of work, potential
problems, customer/store management satisfaction, and to seek
advice and assistance. Builds positive customer relationships with
product end-user and customer project and/or store management.
Operates responsibilities efficiently and/or performs technical
services in a complete, quality, and timely manner to meet customer
commitments and minimize disruptions to the customer's operation.
Has a good understanding of and can both articulate & demonstrate
to end-user customers, TOSHIBA's service and support delivery
- With assistance, plans, prioritizes, and schedules work to meet
or exceed customer satisfaction objectives. Arrange all travel
plans in a timely cost-effective manner using company approved
business tools and ability to respond to schedule changes with
minimal notice. Flexibility to work varying shifts including
overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Ensure installation activities are accurately documented in
accordance with TOSHIBA standards and practices using automated
systems and/or established reports. This includes but is not
limited to air travel, call, mileage, timecards, and expense
- effectively maintain and manage trunk stock to support all
- Perform other related duties as assigned.Required Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of related experience, IT/Technical degree or
- Must be able to travel 100% of the time, domestic and/or air
travel. May be assigned to a specific local territory, but air
travel may be necessary for installations or other service delivery
projects outside assigned geography.
- Possesses operational knowledge of personal computer
technology, network infrastructure, flat panel TVs & monitors, cash
registers / point-of-sale equipment, and associated retail
- Demonstrates general knowledge and experience in wall-to-wall
IT service and support.
- The position requires a mechanical aptitude with competency in
electricity & electronics, and the ability to properly use test
equipment, basic hand tools, electronic testing equipment and
- Must possess the ability to follow written or spoken directions
and to provide information in a clear and concise manner
- Good Customer Service skills are essential.
- Develops skills in maintaining good working relations with
customers and peers.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize assignments and work
- Must have good written and oral communication skills including
tact and diplomacy when facing customers.
- The individual must be able to recognize and understand the
functional and operational use of IT signal and power cables as
well as low voltage wiring systems and to perform diagnosis and
- Self-motivated and strong work ethic.
- Ensures that solutions to todays problems do not become
- Maintain a professional demeanor, dress, and behavior
- Problem solving and Organizational skills.
- Ability to work long hours as project needs dictate in a
physically demanding environment.
- Ability to work varying shifts including overtime and weekends
as necessary.Preferred Skills:
- Experience repairing Point-of-Sale (POS) machines.About the
Company:Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is a dynamic
billion-dollar global company based in Research Triangle Park, NC,
providing retail store solutions to your favorite brands. Have you
ever been in a hurry and made use of the self-checkout at Lowes
Foods, earned fuel rewards at Kroger, or just paid for purchases at
retailers such as Walmart, Michaels, Carrefour, The Gap, Calvin
Klein, Boots, Cencosud, BJs, or Costco? These are just a few
examples of our in-store solutions and impressive customer base
that made us the world's installed market share leader. The nature
of retail is changing quickly, so if you share our 'Together
Commerce' vision of a seamless two-way, participatory shopping
experience, lets get together to drive the new economy. Toshiba
Global Commerce Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and
generous benefits package including the following:
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- 401(k) plan (with company match)
- Company provided life insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule, paid vacation & sick/personal
days EEO: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions is an equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified
applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed,
disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information,
military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender,
gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation or any
other protected factor. We also consider qualified applicants
regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal
requirements.Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation
because of a disability for any part of the employment process
should email email@example.com to request an
Keywords: Toshiba Global Commerce Solutions, Saint Charles , Field Maintenance Technician, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!