RN - Telemetry - 10k Sign on Bonus - FT Nights
Company: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Role Purpose :
The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of SSM Health.?
? Responsibilities :
Creating an environment that leads to
a positive patient care experience by evaluating, planning and
implementing effective plans of care and communicating with both
patients and their families. Serving as the primary coordinator of
all disciplines for well- coordinated patient care in an acute or
clinic setting. Making sound decisions in response to changes in
condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm demeanor.
Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient care.
Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members regarding
changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of diagnostic
tests and critical test values. Demonstrating an attitude that
exemplifies SSM values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence,
Stewardship and Community.Minimum Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited Nursing Program
- Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in
a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting,?kneeling, moving, pushing, pulling,
and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 poundsPreferred
- ACLSPhysical Requirements:
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6?
hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
Keywords: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles, Saint Charles , RN - Telemetry - 10k Sign on Bonus - FT Nights, Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!