RN First Assistant (RNFA) - Cardiac Surgery - St. Joseph Hospital, St. Charles
Company: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Role Purpose: Creates an environment that leads to a positive
patient care experience by evaluating, planning and implementing
effective patient care plans within the guidelines of the standards
of nursing care and operational guidelines.
This position will function in the?scrub and circulating role and
the candidate?does not have to be an RN First Assistant.? The ideal
candidate must be willing to?work at multiple entities.? There is
an on call requirement.??Responsibilities:
- Creates a positive patient care environment through
assessments, timely responses to patients' needs and open
communication with the patient.???
- Actively contributes to the accomplishment of all department
- Creates an environment of safe, quality care as measured by the
number of sentinel events and medical errors.???
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional,
psychological and spiritual support to patients, friends and
families as measured by patient satisfaction.???
- Performs all duties according to policies, procedures, and
standards of nursing practice.? Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum Associate's Degree Nursing
- State of MO RN License
- One Year Cardiac Surgery?
- Required Certification: Cardiology ? BLS?Preferred
- CNOR preferred, wound closure training/skills within one year
- Credentialed as an RNFA by the medical staff is
preferred.?Physical Requirements:? ?Employees in this position are,
or can be, required to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6?
hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.? ?SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital ? St. Charles ? SSM
Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital
offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The
hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery,
cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep
medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular
surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology. ?Benefits Statement:
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life
and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term
disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement
accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption
reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan
options and more.???
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles, Saint Charles , RN First Assistant (RNFA) - Cardiac Surgery - St. Joseph Hospital, St. Charles, Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!