Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Practice
Company: SSM Health Medical Group Business Office
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: October 9, 2019
Exceptional Patient Care: Medical Assistants create a positive
patient care experience by greeting, preparing, exiting and
following up with patients for providers according to established
competency guidelines, policies and procedures. Patient care
responsibilities are provided under the direct supervision of a
physician or designated dependent provider who is given such
designation in writing (i.e., collaborative practice agreement or
physician assistant supervision agreement). ? Responsibilities:
- Promoting infection prevention by complying with all policies
for hand hygiene, environmental cleanliness and appropriate
storage. Universal precautions must be understood and
- Performing cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of
instruments, where applicable. Competency verification for
disinfection and sterilization practices will occur upon hire and
no less than annually thereafter???
- Accurate measurement and documentation of vital signs.
Competency verification will occur upon hire and no less than
annually thereafter. Accurately performing and documenting all
point-of-care testing. Competency verification will occur upon hire
and no less than annually thereafter.???
- Dispense oral contract consistent with a physician order.
Initiating physician-approved standing orders for medication
prescription refills, but only for an established patient when the
prescription has no changes to dosage, quantity, frequency or
route. Taking verbal orders for outpatient diagnostic and
therapeutic care, consistent with SSMSTL policy, and only from a
supervising physician or designated dependent provider. Medical
assistants may not accept verbal orders for inpatient diagnostic
and therapeutic care.???
- Accurately entering pended orders in the electronic health
- Accurately document patient information in the electronic
health for diagnostic and therapeutic care. Pended orders must be
reviewed and signed/authorized by the ordering physician or
dependent provider prior to being initiated. record, including
chief compliant, reason for visit, medical, social, family history,
medications, immunizations, and allergies.
- Administering medications consistent with the SSMSTL Medication
Administration policy. Handling sample medications, where
applicable, consistent with SSMSTL policy and procedures.???
- Actively participate in all hospital/department education,
training, in-services and huddles to confirm understanding of new
information or changes to established clinical policies and
- Respecting the rights and privacy/confidentiality of patient.
Following patient safety policies and procedures.???
- Address Health Maintenance and Best Practice Alerts, and notify
supervising physicians/providers of such Alerts, when
applicable.???? Minimum Qualifications:
- High School or GED plus accredited Medical Assistant education
or a minimum of one year equivalent job experience.
- Knowledge of basic laboratory equipment, physician office
operations and medical terminology.
- Proficient in various office products and computer
- Minimum of 3 months ambulatory or physician office experience
preferred, to include school externships.Physical
Requirements:?Employees in this position are, or can be, required
to possess the following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 20 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6?hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation.SSM Health ? ?SSM Health is one of the largest Catholic
health systems in the country and is dedicated to quality and
compassionate care for anyone in need, regardless of ability to
pay. Based in St. Louis, SSM Health operates 20 hospitals in
Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma. We provide care in
various settings: outpatient sites, physician offices, a pharmacy
benefit company, an insurance plan, hospitals, nursing homes, home
care, hospice, telehealth and a technology company.?
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we
reveal the healing presence of God.?
Benefits Statement:????????????????? Our robust employee benefits
package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and
dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and
dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition
reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance
program, retirement plan options and more. ???Note: not all
benefits apply to all openings.
Keywords: SSM Health Medical Group Business Office, Saint Charles , Medical Assistant - Pediatrics Practice, Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!