RN - Telemetry - I-Choice
Company: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital --- St. Charles
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: July 8, 2019
Role Purpose: -- The Staff Nurse (RN) provides direct patient care
in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols
of SSM Health.-- -- Responsibilities:
- Creating an environment that leads to a positive patient care
experience by evaluating, planning and implementing effective plans
of care and communicating with both patients and their
- Serving as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care in an acute or clinic setting.
- Making sound decisions in response to changes in
condition/response to treatment while maintaining a calm
- Utilizing the Electronic Health Record to document patient
- Effectively coordinating with physicians and team members
regarding changes in patient status, symptomatology, results of
diagnostic tests and critical test values.
- Demonstrating an attitude that exemplifies SSM values of
Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Community.Minimum
- Degree from an accredited Nursing Program
- State of MO RN License
- Customer Service abilities and effective listening skills
Exceptional critical thinking and the ability to work in a team in
a fast paced environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing,
bending, reaching, squatting,--kneeling, moving, pushing, pulling,
and lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 100 pounds Preferred
- ACLS Physical Requirements:
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess the
following physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 6---- hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 6--
hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation Join our team for an online chat! There is no formal
agenda, just jump online from your computer, smartphone or tablet
to share your experiences, ask questions and learn about
opportunities. It's as simple as texting with a friend. Click here
to register today!
Keywords: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital --- St. Charles, Saint Charles , RN - Telemetry - I-Choice, Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!