RN-First Assist (H
Company: Dean Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Provides direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after
* Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure,
using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing
patient comfort and safety.
* Implements physicians orders to provide visualization of the
operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of
tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and
* Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent
* Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings
and securing of drainage systems.
* Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient's age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
* As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model. Uses
the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to the
current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients and
our patient populations.
* Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of accredited school of nursing
* Two years' registered nurse experience in an advanced surgical
* Constant use of speech to share information through oral
* Constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
* Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
* Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
* Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
* Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
* Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
* Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
* Occasional driving.
* Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: Dean Health, Saint Charles , RN-First Assist (H, Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!