Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
- Evaluates patients of all ages who are consulted and/or
referred by medical staff, nursing staff, and other health care
disciplines for wound, ostomy, and continence related needs;
collaborates with appropriate health care providers to allow for
timely assessment and inter-professional interventions.
- Utilizes the nursing process to develop, communicate, implement
and/or delegate, and document a care plan for appropriate patients
with wound, ostomy, continence issues and/or are at high risk for
skin breakdown; performs patient follow-up to evaluate care plan
- Performs pre-operative stoma site marking for urinary and fecal
diversions and conservative sharp instrumental debridement and
chemical cautery with provider order.
- Designs and implements wound, ostomy, continence related
information and patient education appropriate to the
patient/family/caregiver's developmental level, learning needs,
learning readiness, and cultural values/beliefs. Coordinates
education with physician and nursing staff and other members of the
- Develops and documents discharge plan including follow-up as it
relates to wound, ostomy, and continence needs and communicates
with patient/family/caregiver and appropriate nursing, physician,
and care management staff.
- Utilizes research and other forms of evidence to develop,
implement, and evaluate ministry and system-wide policies,
procedures, and standards of practice relating to wound, ostomy and
- Participates in ministry and system-wide evaluation of resource
utilization as it pertains to wound, ostomy, and continence
products, formulary development, support services, and other
- Participates in the education of all members of the healthcare
team as it relates to the management of wounds, ostomies, and
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of accredited school of nursingEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running. - provided by Dice
Keywords: SSM Health, Saint Charles , RN-Wound (S), Healthcare , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!