Vehicle Management System (VMS) Engineer-2
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: January 2, 2019
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States
Boeing is seeking highly motivated engineers with design and analysis experience to support Vehicle Management System (VMS) development, integration and test, including Electronic System Integration Laboratory (ESIL) development and integration, and requirements validation/verification efforts, and ultimately flight testing. Personnel are needed to support the Navy MQ-25 carrier based autonomous tanker program as well as numerous proprietary efforts. Work will be performed at the Boeing St. Louis area campus locations supporting Boeing Phantom Works, Strike, Surveillance and Mobility, and other business units. Candidates will support development and integration activities for various Boeing fixed wing, weapons and proprietary programs.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand airplane input signal processing, redundancy management, system monitoring and control
- Flight Control Components hardware (HW) and software (SW) system-level verification and validation testing including hardware design, integration and qualification
- Develop requirements for the Vehicle Management System (VMS) test assets
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Perform hardware root-cause analysis and support overall system integration anomalies
- Work with a variety of airplane analog sensors (Linear Variable Differential Transformers (LVDT), pressure sensors, proximity sensors, etc.)
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering.
- Knowledge of VMS or avionics asset design activities (HW/SW design, integration, modeling, and test procedure development
- Course work or experience in analog and digital circuit design and analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, Clearcase, ClearQuest, C++, C#, Visual Studio, Python
- A current DOD Secret clearance is highly desirable.
- Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in St. Louis, MO and may offer relocation assistance.Yes, 10 % of the Time
United States; The Boeing Company
Saint Charles;Missouri;United States-
Keywords: Boeing, Saint Charles , Vehicle Management System (VMS) Engineer-2, Executive , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!