Company: MiTek Industries
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: January 14, 2020
The Project Manager is a results-oriented leader responsible for
the successful delivery of formal programs or projects through the
deployment of MiTek best practice projects. The Project Management
methods for: development, planning, execution and completion of
projects. The Project Manager will have no direct reports and will
report to the GM of Global Component Automation as part of the
Automation solutions Division. The position is located in St.
Charles, Missouri. Travel can be up to 30%.
- Responsible for managing multi-phased, complex projects:
managing scope, schedule, resources, risks and budget and following
all phases of the project management life cycle.
- Provides a proactive focus on meeting project requirements.
Identifies gaps early to avoid problems. When problems do occur,
responds in a timely, effective manner.
- Fosters a spirit of teamwork that allows for healthy
disagreement over ideas. Manages conflict and resolution
effectively. Pulls and gathers the diversity of experiences of the
- Continuously assesses and improves the overall project
- Consistently operates in a caring, humble, purposeful,
transparent, and mature manner - upholding MiTek core values and
leading by example.
- Facilitates definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
and works with project sponsor(s) to develop and gain approval of
the project charter.
- Works closely with internal and external clients in fully
gathering their specificc requirements.
- Conducts formal planning sessions to identify sccope,
governance, and stakeholder objectives.
- Sets expectations for the project team members by defining
expectations and outcomes of project related activities.
- Builds business cases to provide an objective assessment of a
project's cost and benefit.
- Develops the project plans, budgets, and schedules. Establishes
the full scale project plan by defining the project tasks, work
breakdown structure, and resource requirements.
- Further develops the plan to ensure quality and addressing
- Identifies proper skills needed to accomplish project goals and
collaborates with functional management to obain appropriate
- Collaborates and negotiate with vendors/service providers on
development of project plans, deliverables and project progress
when they are part of the project.
Project Execution & Tracking
- Manages asigned projects and their respective teams to deliver
cost/budget, schedule, and performance expectations.
- Establishes and maintains relevant cocntrols and feedback
systems to monitor project progress.
- Constantly monitors and reports on progress of the project to
all stakeholders; presents reports defining progress, problems and
- Implements and manages project changes and interventions to
achieve project outcomes.
- Provides direction and support to project team members. Equips
and trains team member with the skills and tools required to
operate effectively within the project management overlay. Builds
cohesiveness, supportiveness, and a spirit of working together to
enable each purpose partner and the project to succeed.
- Manages the schedule and budget to successful completion.
- Facilitates project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Identifies best practices to be leveraged as well as lessons to
be learned from gaps and shortcomings.
- Designs, deliver and manages effective communications
throughout the organization (up, down & sideways) for assigned
- Maintains close communications with the leadership team so the
goals of the project are achieved, providing good tecchnical
guidance as needed.
- Keeps management informed of project progress and problems,
particularly as to needed changes in schedule, resources,
production, or installation.
- Experienced with MS Office programs.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of project management
software (e.g., Trello, Asana, Basecamp, Microsoft Project)
- Ability to offer pro/con analysis and recommendations for
appropriate project management software based on business need.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline,
preferably in Project Management
- 5+ years experience leading formal programs and projects
- Knowledge and experience in formal Project Management
- Formal Project Management certification is preferred (e.g.,
Project Management Professional/PMP)
- Proven record of managing multiple simultaneous projects on
time and on budget
- Experience in a capital equipment design & manufacturing
environment is preferred but not essential.
St. Charles, US-MO
Keywords: MiTek Industries, Saint Charles , Project Manager, Executive , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!