Senior Mechanical Engineer (Machinery Design)
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: August 1, 2022
MiTek is a platform innovator and enabler that exists to
transform the building industry with better building solutions. In
1955, MiTek transformed residential construction with the invention
of the Gang-Nail plate and a digital platform that provided an
affordable and scalable way to manufacture wood trusses. Today,
MiTek delivers software, services, engineered products, and
automated solutions that enable the building industry to---improve
efficiencies by optimizing---the balance between off-site and
on-site. With nearly 5,600 team members worldwide, MiTek
collaborates across the building industry to enable and accelerate
transformational breakthroughs in design and construction to
transform the way the industry designs, makes, and builds. As a
Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK-A, NYSE: BRK-B) company since 2001,
MiTek has a record of continuous growth and innovation. Learn more
at www.mii.com.Summary:Join our team of professionals in a
well-respected and rapidly growing company as we push the
boundaries in innovation and automation technology in the building
Industry. As an OEM, MiTek is at the forefront of industry change
and looking for talented Sr. Mechanical Engineers with a strong
desire to grow and showcase their talents. You will be responsible
for designing and analyzing complex mechanical systems with
requirements driven by sound project management practices. This
position is a hybrid role that will work remotely and also spend
time at our St. Charles facility (301 Fountain Lakes Industrial
- Design, develop, test, evaluate, and support products, systems,
equipment, and machinery, both current and new.
- Ensure compliance with engineering procedures and guidelines,
industry standards and practices, and governmental regulations
applicable to industrial machinery that is designed, developed, and
manufactured by MiTek.
- Perform engineering calculations.
- Develop, maintain, and update project documentation including,
but not limited to, engineering drawings, equipment manuals, and
- Enter new data and update existing data in MRP/ERP system.
- Support Manufacturing, Sales, Purchasing and Customer
- Comply with MiTek and industry standards.
- Design and optimize mechanical parts, assemblies, and architect
- Design and carry out tests of mechanical parts and
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Create, update, troubleshoot, and modify existing pneumatic and
- Manage own tasks and project related tasks while managing the
relationship between individual work, others work, and the project
as a whole.
- Communicate status and design details for projects as a
- Perform complex FEA analysis.
- Responsible for self and potentially others keeping on tasks
- Mentor less experienced mechanical engineers and
- Manage engineering planning of projects.
- Review industry trends and emerging technologies to keep self
and department current.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an
accredited university or college
- 9+ years of mechanical engineering design experience
- Strong understanding of strength of materials, statics, and
- Proficiency with SolidWorks
- Proficiency with PDM
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Mechanical
- Proficiency in machining and welding symbols and usage
- Proficiency in Pneumatic and Hydraulic systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel,
Access, PowerPoint, etc.)MiTek Perks:
- Flexible Time Off - take as much time off as you need!
- Profit sharing and employee incentive programs
- Competitive salary, paid vacation and holidays, and 401K with
- Medical, dental, and vision plans as well as free short-term
disability and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement and opportunities for in-house
- Career advancement opportunities!MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug
and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer;
and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or
transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information
(including family medical history), veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic.For accommodation to assist with
completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1
Keywords: MiTek, Saint Charles , Senior Mechanical Engineer (Machinery Design), Engineering , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!