Weapons MOP Avionics Engineer (Experienced)
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 9, 2020
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect,
protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space,
you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world.
Find your future with us.The Boeing Company is seeking an
Electrical Engineer with experience in Electronic Systems Design
and Analysis to join the Weapons Avionics team located in St.
Charles, MO. The team is seeking a motivated individual to work
with a multi-discipline engineering team to design, develop, test
and troubleshoot Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) tailkit
electronic systems.Position Responsibilities:
- Support development, integration and test of electronic systems
for MOP tailkits, fuze systems and Carriage and Release Equipment
- Work with the customer to develop and document MOP tailkit
electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyze and translate requirements into system, hardware and
software designs and interface specifications.
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and
- Monitor supplier performance and review supplier test results
to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements for
MOP avionics hardware.
- Support the development of production assembly and test
documentation for the MOP tailkit electronics and subsystems.
- Review manufacturing test results and troubleshoot production
anomalies for the electronic subsystems of the MOP tailkit
- Set up and operate the MOP test bench to perform MOP tailkit
system level tests.
- Operate the of MOP factory test equipment.
- Maintain MOP tailkit design documentation including block
diagrams, wiring diagrams, etc.
- Solve problems concerning and provide other support of fielded
hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Research technology advances for potential application to
weapons business needsThis position requires the ability to obtain
a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires
U.S. Citizenship.Preferred Qualifications (Desired
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or computer engineering is
- Applicants must have good communication, analytical, and
organizational skills and be able to work in a team environment -
previous design team or special project team participation is
- Ability to conceive, develop, optimize, maintain and modify
electronic/electrical system designs based on requirements is
desiredTypical Education/Experience:Education/experience typically
acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited
course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics,
physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years'
related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical
education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work
experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred,
although not required, accreditation standard.Relocation:Relocation
assistance is provided for qualified candidates.Boeing is a Drug
Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are
subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines,
PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our
policies.All information provided will be checked and may be
Keywords: Boeing, Saint Charles , Weapons MOP Avionics Engineer (Experienced), Engineering , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!