Senior Financial Analyst III, Segment Reporting
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: May 17, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Edward Jones is seeking a highly skilled individual to
support the future vision of the finance division by providing
financial reporting with data driven analysis and digitally enabled
solutions. Responsibilities include identifying, gathering, and
analyzing information, as well as solving complex problems with
innovative, technology-based approaches. This role will also
support the development, infrastructure, and execution of monthly
business segment P&L reporting. Collaboration with key
functional stakeholders will include multiple areas such as
Finance, FP&A, Firm Analytics, and Business Segment
- Driving transformation efforts involving finance technology
such as the general ledger system, chart of accounts, and reporting
platforms to produce multidimensional reporting and analysis.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of existing data, systems
integration, and current processes to suggest, design and implement
solutions to meet current and future reporting needs.
- Developing and executing a business segment P&L financial
reporting solution to be shared with senior leadership on recurring
- Determining the data needs to support segment reporting
including cost allocations and working cross functionally to
establish a monthly process to gather and report the necessary
- Aid in accounting system infrastructure to enable data and
systems to efficiently obtain, manipulate, and analyze information
to deliver actionable reporting and business insights.
- Translating business requirements to system-based solutions
replacing manual processes and data manipulation.
- Verbal & written presentation of reporting & analysis.
- Developing and managing business relationships with senior
leaders across the organization.
- Understanding best practices outside the firm and continuously
assessing the firm's capabilities.Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems,
Accounting, Finance, or Data Science
- Relevant work experience will be considered
- MBA or advanced degree or certification is preferred
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role with 5-7 years a
Depth of Knowledge
- Financial Services industry experience is a plus.
- Systems and data orientation with experience working with
finance specific systems.
- Demonstrated capability working with large data sets from
multiple sources including locating and extracting data,
manipulating with business logic, and producing summarized
reporting with insightful analysis.
- Experience building business segment P&L's, cost allocation
methodologies, as well as a strong emphasis developing
multidimensional reporting and analysis.
- Comfortable collaborating with multiple stakeholders to drive
and influence changes needed to deliver the right results.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of GAAP accounting principles,
advanced understanding is a plus.
- Strong problem-solving acumen, comfort with ambiguity, and
ability to overcome challenges.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement in processes
and implement solutions.
- Experience with General ledger and chart of accounts leading
practices and thought leadership.
- Capable of executing multiple tasks and adjusting to changing
- Ability to identify critical tasks, sequence work, prioritize,
identify dependencies and decisions needed to achieve an end
- Works efficiently both independently and in a team
- Communicates complex ideas effectively to team members and
business partners using verbal, written, and presentation
- Experience with data analysis software and advanced Microsoft
Excel, Word and PowerPoint capabilities including pivot tables,
charting, formulas, and conditional formatting.
- Advanced understanding of visualization software (Tableau,
FP&A tools) is a plus.
- Knowledge of SQL programming is a plus.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Saint Charles , Senior Financial Analyst III, Segment Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!