Company: JobTarget Recruitment Services
Location: Saint Charles
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Get Connected! This job is not at JobTarget, but the JobTarget
Recruitment Services team is helping our client find a Tax Manager
in St. Charles, MO. Once you Apply your resume will be reviewed by
our team and if you are a match we will reach out to you to
disclose the name of the company and connect you with the Hiring
Manager. The Tax Supervisor effectively supervises several
engagements simultaneously, ensuring optimum client satisfaction.
This position is responsible for leading staff, instructing them in
work to be performed, reviewing completed work, and directing
necessary revisions. Under minimal supervision, accepts
responsibility for the successful outcome of client engagements;
performs a wide variety of advanced accounting functions. WHAT
- Responsible overseeing multiple projects / engagements,
ensuring client satisfaction, timely completion, and staff
- Performs a broad range of diversified advanced accounting
functions, demonstrating thorough knowledge of tax accounting and
- Under direction of a manager or partner, oversees the planning
and scheduling of client engagements.
- Can be relied upon to solve any problems encountered, offer
recommendations for improvement of relevant client business
practices, and to ensure successful completion of engagements in a
timely and accurate fashion.
- Oversees, trains, and instructs lower level staff positions;
shares knowledge and provides positive honest feedback and
guidance; effectively delegates and leverages work to ensure client
satisfaction and staff development.
- Assists in the development of tax policies and procedures for
- Efficiently and accurately prepares, reviews, and revises work
- Communicates on behalf of client to tax authorities, including
notices and examinations.
- Prepares complicated tax returns for individual, corporate,
partnership, and others.
- Prepares correspondence; processes reports; develops/maintains
spreadsheets; conducts research of complex technical issues as
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of tax
compliance and relevant matters.
- Demonstrates ability to monitor project status to meet budgets,
deadlines and quality control standards; appropriately prioritizes
- Understanding of firm metrics and timely manages client
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients' business, and of the
unique aspects of each client's industry.
- Meets w/clients on a regular basis, develops business
familiarity through client interaction; returns all phone calls in
a prompt and professional manner.
- Readily displays the attributes of an effective and competent
firm representative; demonstrating a high level of expertise in one
or more specialized industry areas.
- Assumes responsibility for client workload; anticipates or
recognizes problems/issues and recommends solutions in a timely
manner, keeping partner informed as needed.
- Actively promotes and facilitates teamwork throughout the
- Clearly and effectively communicates orally and in
- Develops and maintains referral network; actively pursues
opportunities for firm growth; promotes the firm's practice to
existing and potential clients, identifying additional client
- Maintain and expand professional skills via CPE and other
- Contribute to the firm's objectives by fostering a positive
environment with personal cooperation and a good attitude.
- Demonstrate firm's objective of integrity and professional
compassion by treating others fairly and with respect.
- Exhibit professional conduct towards visitors, clients and
fellow employees through appearance and manner.
- Maintains good attendance arrives on time and provides adequate
notice of needed absences. WHAT WE SEEK The Supervisor position
requires a minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible
experience in public accounting, with demonstrated advanced
knowledge of tax accounting and proven experience in supervising
staff and reviewing work performed by them for accuracy, technical
understanding of tax laws as well as opportunities for clients.
Also requires, at a minimum, a bachelor's degree in accounting or
related field and a regularly maintained CPA license is highly
preferred. Must possess proficiency in Microsoft Office package,
and the ability to quickly become proficient in the firm's other
information technology tools. Experience with CCH software packages
is recommended, but not required. Qualified candidates will also
possess excellent written and oral communication skills,
self-accountable with the strong ability to plan and organize work
for self and others, and strong interpersonal and supervisory
skills. Must be a strategic thinker and possess the ability to
market the firm's services. Proven experience in business
development or strong desire to further develop are recommended but
Keywords: JobTarget Recruitment Services, Saint Charles , Tax Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Charles, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!